POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : snow animations : Re: snow animations Server Time
5 Jul 2024 10:37:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: snow animations
From: Chris B
Date: 29 Dec 2005 19:07:26
Message: <43b47a3e$1@news.povray.org>
"r20adek" <rra### [at] o2pl> wrote in message
> Can you tell me what I must do when snowflakes is animated??Because I'm
> vey
> newbie and I don't now what I must do??????

The source you have is fine for animation.

If you render your source with the command line options "+kfi1 +kff30 +kc"
(Initial_Frame=1, Final_Frame=30 and Cyclic Animation) you'll get 30 images
numbered 1 to 30. If you're on Windows you can get a preview of your
animation by putting the images in a separate directory and using the
Windows Picture and Fax Viewer to open the first image, then holding the
mouse button down on the 'Next Image' button cycles through the images.

To build these images into a proper animation you will need to use a
separate piece of software to take the individual frames and generate an
animation file. You need to decide upon a suitable format for your animated
sequence, for example mpeg, moov, avi or animated gif.
There are many different tools you can use, some of them free and available
for download over the Internet.

The choice of format depends on how you want to use the animated file. If
you want to embed it on a web page then animated gif is the simplest and
most widely compatible approach and you can build animated gif's with the
Gif Constructor Set (do a Google search for gifcon32.exe).

You'll need to read up on how to use your tool of choice to generate
whichever format you choose.

Regards,
Chris B.